Amador Junior Team Tennis League
League Director: Dan Klement
- WHO: Boys & Girls Ages 7-14
- WHAT: Co-ed teams play doubles and/or singles tennis in three ability levels. Beginners use large red low compression balls and a short court format, intermediates play full court with orange low compression balls, and advanced is regular singles & doubles play with rotation of teammates. No experience is necessary, beginners are welcome!
Each child needs his/her own youth tennis racquet. ATC will assist with making sure every child has a racquet;
let us know if you have questions about sizing or if you are unable to provide a racquet for your child.
- TEAM PHOTOS
We will be taking team photos on Sunday, October 22. Some teams will have photos taken before their matches and others will be after matches. Please arrive 5 minutes earlier than your designated arrival time. Since we have coordinated volunteer photographers, there will be no opportunity for make-up photos. If your child cannot be there on picture day, he or she will not be in the team photo!! At our end-of-season awards party, each player will receive a printed 8x10" photo courtesy of Condrashoff Printing, Tearpak Digital, Linnea Edmeier and Dan Klement.
- WHEN: Seven matches on Sunday afternoons Sept 24 through Nov 5.
- Advanced at AMADOR HS: 1:00-2:45pm (warm-up at 1:00, match play begins at 1:15)
**Since there are only two teams, we will do a scramble and all players will play each other, even teammates, no match lineups needed**
- Intermediates at ARGONAUT HIGH SCHOOL (15 minute warm-up three 20-minute matches)
Group 1: 1pm-2:30pm (15 minute warm-up, then three 20-minute matches)
Group 2: 2:45pm-4:15pm (15 minute warm-up, then three 20-minute matches)
See which intermediate teams play in each group each week
- Beginners at ARGONAUT HIGH SCHOOL 4:15pm-5:15pm (15-minute warm-up, then three 12-minute "sets")
Beginner match lineup
- PRACTICE SCHEDULE & ROSTERS
Your coach will be in touch with you soon about your exact practice start date.
Registration is now closed.
- WANT TO JOIN IN THE FUN?
Our league is run completely by volunteers, and we depend on your support. Due to high enrollment numbers, we always need volunteer coaches and assitants. If you are a parent or high school player who would like to help out with a team,
please email us or call 257-1950.
You do not have to be a tennis player or have prior coaching experience to contribute! We will make sure you
have the training you need.
Coaching Resources Available Here
Match Play Guidelines - Info for intermediate and advanced players about line calls & more!