Amador Junior Team Tennis League
League Director: Dan Klement
- WHO: Boys & Girls Ages 7-14
- WHAT: Co-ed teams play doubles and/or singles tennis in three ability levels. Beginners use large red low compression balls and a short court format, intermediates play full court with orange low compression balls, and advanced is regular singles & doubles play with rotation of teammates. No experience is necessary, beginners are welcome!
Each child needs his/her own youth tennis racquet. ATC will assist with making sure every child has a racquet;
let us know if you have questions about sizing or if you are unable to provide a racquet for your child.
- END-OF-SEASON PARTY & AWARDS:
Our season-end award celebrations will take place on Sunday November 5, which is also our last match. Please plan to be there for the awards. We will have Jamba Juice smoothies for players and coaches, plus hand out player awards, photos, and coach & player recognition awards.
To accommodate all the matches and awards, Group 2 Intermediates need to arrive by 2:30pm on November 5 only:
November 5 Amador (Advanced):
- 1-2:45pm Advanced Match Play (no time change)
- 2:45pm-3pm Advanced Awards
November 5 Argonaut (Intermediate & Beginners):
- 1-2:30pm Intermediate Group 1 Match Play (normal time)
- 2:30-2:45pm ALL Intermediate Awards (Group 2 Intermediates need to arrive by 2:30pm for awards)
- 2:45-4:15pm Intermediate Group 2 Match Play (players need to arrive by 2:30pm for awards BEFORE their match)
- 4:15pm-5:15pm Beginners Match Play (normal time)
- 5:15-5:30pm Beginner Awards under the lights
COACHES: Please return your ball hoppers to the Argonaut shed.
- WHEN: Seven matches on Sunday afternoons Sept 24 through Nov 5.
- Advanced at AMADOR HS: 1:00-2:45pm (warm-up at 1:00, match play begins at 1:15)
**Since there are only two teams, we will do a scramble and all players will play each other, even teammates, no match lineups needed**
- Intermediates at ARGONAUT HIGH SCHOOL (15 minute warm-up three 20-minute matches)
Group 1: 1pm-2:30pm (15 minute warm-up, then three 20-minute matches)
Group 2: 2:45pm-4:15pm (15 minute warm-up, then three 20-minute matches)
See which intermediate teams play in each group each week
- Beginners at ARGONAUT HIGH SCHOOL 4:15pm-5:15pm (15-minute warm-up, then three 12-minute "sets")
Beginner match lineup
- PRACTICE SCHEDULE & ROSTERS
Your coach will be in touch with you soon about your exact practice start date.
Registration is now closed.
- WANT TO JOIN IN THE FUN?
Our league is run completely by volunteers, and we depend on your support. Due to high enrollment numbers, we always need volunteer coaches and assitants. If you are a parent or high school player who would like to help out with a team,
please email us or call 257-1950.
You do not have to be a tennis player or have prior coaching experience to contribute! We will make sure you
have the training you need.
Coaching Resources Available Here
Match Play Guidelines - Info for intermediate and advanced players about line calls & more!